Nursing Informatics Boot Camp
Nebraska Methodist College
720 N. 87th ST.
Omaha NE 68114
Nebraska HIMSS, a local chapter of Health Information Management Systems Society, invites you to attend this Nursing Informatics Boot Camp. As the healthcare IT industry continues to experience incredible change, our Chapter strives to educate members and provide networking and advocacy opportunities for all.
This intensive two-day course focuses on current informatics trends and issues. It includes content for Registered Nurses who are interested in becoming American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) board certified Informatics Nurses. Other clinical professionals working in informatics may wish to take the course to become exposed to the course topics:
- Foundations of Practice
- System Design Life Cycle
- Data Management & Healthcare Technology
- Current Issues & Case Studies
This program is approved for up to 14 contact hours of continuing education.
- Susan K. Newbold, PhD RN-BC FAAN FHIMSS
- Gwen G. Holder, MSN, RN-BC
- Nebraska HIMSS Member rates:
- Early Registration $500.00
- After May 25, 2018 $575.00
- Regular rates:
- Early Registration $575.00
- After May 25, 2018 $650.00
Early registration closes May 24, 2018. General registration closes June 14, 2018. Wait list is available.
Registration is open to all. However, Nebraska HIMSS membersreceive a $75 discount on registration. A Nebraska HIMSS Chapter Only membership is $39/year. You can JOIN HERE.
Holiday Inn Express 8736 W Dodge Rd, Omaha, NE 68114, 402-343-1000. Distance 0.3 miles (walkable)
- Block rate: $159.00/night (plus fees & taxes)
- Call hotel directly to make reservation. Ask for the Nursing Informatics Boot Camp block rate. Block room rate subject to availability. Ends on June 1, 2018.
Staybridge Suites 7825 Davenport St, Omaha, NE 68114, 402-933-8901. Distance 0.8 miles (free shuttle)
- Block rate: $175.00/night (plus fees & taxes)
- Use link to make reservation with block rate Nursing Informatics Bootcamp. Block room rate subject to availability. Ends on May 23, 2018.
When is the registration deadline?
Registration deadline is June 14, 2018. After the deadline, contact meeting organizer to be placed on wait list.
What does the registration fee cover?
Registration fee covers conference materials, catered food and beverage breaks, plus up to 14.5 nursing continuing education hours.
What if I am not a Nebraska HIMSS member?
Registration is open to all. However, Nebraska HIMSS members receive a $75 discount on registration. A Nebraska HIMSS Chapter Only membership is $39/year. You can JOIN HERE.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
There is ample parking at the event location.
Distance from event lodging:
- Holiday Inn Express 8736 W. Dodge Rd - 0.3 miles (walkable)
- Staybridge Suites 7825 Davenport St - 0.8 miles (free shuttle available)
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please send any questions to Nebraska HIMSS Program Chair
What's the refund policy?
Attendees can receive refunds up to 7 days before your event start date.