If you have the following qualifications, you are eligible to sit on CPHIMS exam and be certified:
- Baccalaureate degree plus five (5) years of associated information and management systems experience*, three (3) of those years in healthcare. OR
- Graduate degree plus three (3) years of associated information and management systems experience*, two (2) of those years in healthcare.
The Certified Professional in Healthcare Information Management Systems (CPHIMS) certification is the “gold standard” in health IT, which provides evidence that the certificate holders have demonstrated an established level of job-related knowledge, skills and abilities and are competent practitioners of health IT. The CPHIMS Review Course is an excellent source of a health IT body of knowledge that spans three broad knowledge categories involving a total of nine topic areas:
- General Environmental Knowledge (Healthcare Environment and Technology Environment);
- Systems Knowledge (Analysis, Design, Selection, Implementation, Support and Maintenance, Testing and Evaluation, Privacy and Security); and
- Administrative Knowledge (Leadership and Management).
This Review Course will provide an interactive and fast-paced survey to aid in the knowledge transfer process, and is an excellent review of each topic, ensuring you are familiar with all areas covered by the CPHIMS exam. For more information about CPHIMS, click here (http://www.himss.org/health-it-certification/cphims).
Contact Sam King at 312.915.9249 or email@example.com with questions about the Review Course or the Exam.