1. Increase member/non-member participation semi-annual conferences.
Provide “save-the-date” notifications of conferences at least 3 months prior to the event. Solicit feedback and recommendations for conference.
- Membership mixers in conjunction with spring and fall chapter meetings
1. Develop programs attracting mutual interest professional organizations in Nebraska and/or co-plan education events.
Conduct at least 2 education programs per year in following formats:
- Fall meeting in eastern Nebraska.
- Winter Meeting in conjunction with HIMSS 2017
- Spring Meeting in greater Nebraska
- Offer CPHIMS Review and Exam to Members (FY 2018)
- Promote Health Information HIT week
- Collaborate with Governor’s Proclamation of HIT week. (September 26-30)
- Informatics Boot Camp or other Informatics-focused events
1. Increase chapter solvency and services to members.
2. Develop annual budget and report quarterly.
- Develop budget for 2016-2017 fiscal year.
- Develop 3-year operations plan to provide sustained/expanded programs in future years
1. Publish semi-annual newsletter.
2. Send board approved chapter event solicitations to Nebraska affiliated groups.
3. Maintain www.nebraska.himsschapter.org web site with current information.
- Communication Committee will distribute newsletter electronically to all Nebraska Members and affiliated organizations.
- Update web site with education calendar, newsletter and board materials.
- Create a social media marketing strategy to support chapter strategies.
1. Implement Chapter Standards and Operating Guideline document.
2. Establish measurable updates of annual and strategic goals at regular board meetings.
3. Strengthen the roles of designated committees
- Conduct at least one board meeting in person.
- Provide documents to assist new board members/reference tool.
- At least 2 Board members should attend HIMSS Leadership Summit.
- Pro Tem board members participate with Board Committees and meetings
- Send 2 Board members to Chapter Leader Exchange